Here are the things you need to travel to Kenya from the US:
- Valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your planned date of departure from Kenya.
- E-visa: You can apply for an e-visa online through the Kenyan government website. The cost of an e-visa is $50 for citizens of the United States.
- Yellow fever vaccination: A yellow fever vaccination is required for all travelers arriving in Kenya from countries with a risk of yellow fever transmission. You can get a yellow fever vaccination at your doctor’s office or at a travel clinic.
- Malaria medication: Malaria is a mosquito-borne disease that is prevalent in many parts of Kenya. It is important to take malaria medication before, during, and after your trip to Kenya. You can get malaria medication from your doctor or at a travel clinic.
- Travel insurance: Travel insurance is a good idea for any trip, but it is especially important for travel to Kenya. Travel insurance can cover you in case of medical emergencies, lost luggage, and other travel-related problems.
What to pack
In addition to these requirements, you may also want to pack the following items for your trip to Kenya:
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Insect repellent
- Money belt
Things/places to visit
Here are some of the things you can do in Kenya:
- Visit the Masai Mara National Reserve to see the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra
- Go on a safari to see lions, elephants, giraffes, and other wildlife
- Hike Mount Kenya, the second-highest mountain in Africa
- Visit the Great Rift Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Relax on the beaches of Mombasa or Diani Beach
- Explore the city of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya